girl-supremacy:

I do not understand how some people cannot grasp the fact that YES YOU CAN HURT PEOPLE WITH YOUR PERSONAL CHOICES. Like participating in bdsm CAN AND DOES forward the oppression of all women everywhere! It doesn’t matter if it’s all consensual because the center of bdsm says that women are supposed to be subservient and submissive! And it just reaffirms the misogynistic tendencies that are already ingrained your partners brains. And YES that does affect everyone, whether or not you choose to acknowledge it. So please stop trying to use bdsm as something feminist because /it’s noottttttt/

As someone who is not into BDSM I cannot tell you how much this post angers me.

Firstly you make the assumption that BDSM always involves a man and a woman, completely erasing gay, lesbian and bisexual folk who are into BDSM. 

Secondly you make the assumption that in a BDSM relationship between a man and a woman, the woman will always be submissive. That is so unbelievably ignorant and uneducated of you that I can’t even fathom why you are bothering to post on this subject at all. If you are unwilling to do any research on the matter and are just going to talk based merely on supposition, and your own obvious prejudices, then I would ask you not to bother at all.

Finally, I thought feminism was about personal choice? In which case surely having the freedom to choose how to express yourself sexually should absolutely be on the feminist agenda? Surely it is more misogynistic to make the assumption (like you have) that women involved in BDSM are somehow coerced, and are incapable of making up their own mind about their sexual preferences? If anything reaffirms misogyny it is exactly the kind of thinking that presumes women have no control over their own lives, whether it be sexually or otherwise.

teatime-brutality:
shmalexagon:

Amen.

shmalexagon:

Amen.

logicsomething:

yes, why don’t we just romanticise self-harm and suicide then tag it with several mental health problems so people who are already in a bad place mentally and are just looking for support can instead find a big pile of triggering garbage!

logicsomething:

yes, why don’t we just romanticise self-harm and suicide then tag it with several mental health problems so people who are already in a bad place mentally and are just looking for support can instead find a big pile of triggering garbage!

bluesigma:

northpoleziam:

WHY DO PEOPLE WITH STRAIGHT THIN HAIR ALWAYS SAY THEY WANT THICKER/NATURALLY CURLY/WAVY HAIR NO U FUCKIN DONT TRUST ME YOU WILL NOT WANT THIS FRIZZY ASS LION MANE WHEN ITS 80 DEGREES OR WHEN YOU HAVE TO BRUSH OUT A KNOT THE SIZE OF YOUR CAT OK

And as someone with thin, straight hair, just remember that my hair is usually flat and lifeless and needs lots of attention to make it look like water hasn’t been dumped over you. Oh, and it gets greasy very quickly…and burns easily, too. When it comes to hair, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Why do people with thick curly hair always say they want thinner/straighter hair. No you fucking don’t, trust me you will not want this flat, lifeless mop when it rains and the time you spent patiently adding fake volume is wasted because the slightest bit of moisture makes it go flat again, or when there’s a tiny bit of sweat on your brow and your hair simply sticks to your head and makes you look like you haven’t washed it for a week, ok.

sapient-wartortle:

deadbyshawn:

bluesigma:

ceneca-qui:

sapient-wartortle:

ohmarcelinewhyareyousomean:

I’m out to KILL cis boys today

Almost cut myself on your edgy

The asymmetry….

You’re about as intimidating and lethal as a wet pancake. Grow up.

youre about as mature as a five yr old. congratulations! ur insults r so terrible n low u feel the need to attack someone on their physical appearances!! wow!!!! do u feel better about ur nasty slimy mustache and ur cum stained jeans yet?
grow up omf seriously what even is the point

> claims people are immature > “cum stained jeans” > so they assume someone is male> possibly misgendering someone > all the while looking more immature than the ppl they claim are immature

> complains about being attacked for their physical appearance
> attacks someone for their (imagined) physical appearance
Christ.

sapient-wartortle:

deadbyshawn:

bluesigma:

ceneca-qui:

sapient-wartortle:

ohmarcelinewhyareyousomean:

I’m out to KILL cis boys today

Almost cut myself on your edgy

The asymmetry….

You’re about as intimidating and lethal as a wet pancake. Grow up.

youre about as mature as a five yr old. congratulations! ur insults r so terrible n low u feel the need to attack someone on their physical appearances!! wow!!!! do u feel better about ur nasty slimy mustache and ur cum stained jeans yet?

grow up omf seriously what even is the point

> claims people are immature
> “cum stained jeans”
> so they assume someone is male
> possibly misgendering someone
> all the while looking more immature than the ppl they claim are immature

> complains about being attacked for their physical appearance

> attacks someone for their (imagined) physical appearance

Christ.

songofages:

feminismandhappiness:

mater-tenebrarum:

Plot twist: A fat protagonist has a compelling arc and stays fat the whole time, because using weightloss to signify personal growth is fucked up and also lazy writing.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

interesting how more of those are men. 

Jesus Christ on a bike.

It’s 12 examples.

Twelve.

There are many more examples that could have been used of both men and women. But I think these examples illustrate the point quite well. Actually when I scrolled down the picture examples it struck me that there were roughly the same number of men and women.

But then I guess I’m not reaching for a pre-decided conclusion.

u call everything cute and that's cute
Anonymous

couchpumpkin:

transsafespace:

couchpumpkin:

thetransopinions:

transsafespace:

its bc everything is cute except truscum and cis boys

What

The blog name is a misnomer. They have literally come out and said that trans people who experience physical dysphoria and want to receive medical treatment to alleviate said dysphoria are not welcome. A more appropriate name would probably be ichosemyowngenderidentitytofitinwiththetumblrcrowdsafespace but that might be a bit too long.

hahahHAHAHAHAHhaha thats not what truscum are. those are just trans people who experience dysphoria. Truscum are people who actively harm the trans commuity by refusing to acknowledge the identities of people who don’t meet their cissexist standards.

Those people are not welcome here.

not to mention that I have constant and debilitating dysphoria and have since I was literally a toddler so why don’t you just fuck off.

(Edit: I would just like to add that I agree with my fellow mod, and that I also experience dysphoria, thank you.) -Mod Istalir

If you want to talk about strawmen, let’s look at your interpretation of what ‘truscum’ means. The definition of truscum used by people who self-identify within that label (look at me being all sjw) is someone who believes that being trans is a medical condition that requires the person to experience sex dysphoria for a diagnosis to be made. That’s literally it. Some people who ID as truscum choose not to support certain non-binary identities - because people are allowed to have independent opinions. It’s like calling all Christians homophobes, because you’ve chosen to ignore the millions of Christians who are accepting of LGB people and instead focus on the Westboro Baptist Church.

You both experience dysphoria - I hope that means you can appreciate why truscum want trans to be considered a medical condition. Without a medical diagnosis, insurance companies won’t cover related costs, and legislation doesn’t protect you from discrimination. Parents struggle to understand why someone would choose to transition - a medical diagnosis can help. That’s why truscum are fighting to keep the medical definition of trans - we want to ensure that other trans people have access to transition resources.

You say that truscum are actively harming the trans community. I see truscum/people who support the trans-as-a-medical-condition view making resource blogs and websiteslobbying for local resources, and getting laws changed to support trans healthcare and protect trans people from discrimination. They’re focusing their time and efforts on people who are dealing with bigger issues than people on the internet not calling them by nebself pronouns.

You don’t want to provide resources and support for people with dysphoria who see their medical condition as a medical condition? Fine. Maybe change your blog name to something more fitting, as I’d hate for some vulnerable young person to actually think your blog is a safe space. Or instead of ‘truscum’, do you actually mean ‘people I don’t like because they said something nasty (but probably honest) to me’? If it’s the latter, stop strawmanning truscum and say what you really mean.

when did kit/bun/etc pronouns ever hurt a trans person ever
Anonymous

thebitterfrenchcanadian:

snowflakeself:

tot0dile:

Have you not read the stories of people trying to come out, explaining to their parents what being trans is, the parents google ‘transgender’ and find this ridiculous bullshit? Because it’s happened.

this. i’ve been out for 5 years but my mom was doing more research on what being trans is a little while ago so she could understand me better and unfortunately came across a link with the pronouns and countless gender labels
it was embarrassing as fuck and i had to explain to her that i wasn’t going to end up identifying as a poly genderqueer demigirl or ask her to call me bun or fae and that wanting to transition is solely for my wellbeing and she said it was going to be hard to take me seriously for a long time because of what she saw

Wow it’s almost like when you appropriate being trans so that you can garner some extra special points you’re actually hurting people with dysphoria

Who knew

fcruz:

環太平洋地域

fcruz:

環太平洋地域

yzat3:

2d99705.jpg

renfamous:

British Kitchen Nightmares: “The risotto is overcooked and your restaurant needs new lighting.”

American Kitchen Nightmares: “YOUR STAFF DOES DRUGS ON THE CLOCK, YOUR FAMILY THINKS YOU’RE AN ASSHOLE AND THERE’S A LIVE RAT IN MY FOOD.”

i found my home in you
(via hugmoi)
To all the Tumblr users who tend to use tags very liberally:

thejadedkiwano:

Let’s play a game.

Type the following words into your tags box, then post the first automatic tag that comes up.

you

also

what

when

why

how

look

because

never